When you call a business phone number, you are usually greeted by an automated voicemail greeting that leads you through the phone directory and the next steps.Your small business will look professional with these voicemail greetings, and you will also boost your customer satisfaction.Learn how to set up voicemail voice generator greetings for your online store, business, or blog in this article. Additionally, we’ll show you sample voicemail greetings that you can use as a template.
Why Your Business Needs a Voicemail Greeting?
Mobile searches for local businesses lead to a phone call in 88% of cases. Mostly due to the click-to-call buttons that appear in local search results on Google.
There are many small businesses for which it may not be possible to answer all calls immediately. Occasionally, customers may call you after business hours, and you may be busy or unstaffed at the time. You can use your voicemail greeting to answer these calls.
Your voicemail greeting will likely be the first contact many customers have with your company. If you don’t have a voicemail greeting, your competitor may gain a customer.
However, making a mistake with the voicemail greeting can also have serious consequences. Your customers may hang up on you, don’t follow through, or turn to your competitors.
How to Set Up a Voicemail Greeting
Most small businesses use a landline or mobile number for call management. However, they do not enable you to set up an effective voicemail greeting or properly manage business calls.
An ideal method of managing business calls is to use a business phone service. A virtual business phone number is a great way for small businesses to manage business calls without sacrificing privacy.
There are a number of advantages to using a business phone service over a landline or mobile. The calls are managed through the internet, unlike landlines or mobile phones. This technology is called VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol), which is the official term.
- Based on the time of day, you can record different voice greetings to play during business hours.
- Using auto-attendant, adding extensions, allowing users to leave voice messages, and much more is possible.
- You can use the app on a computer, tablet, desk phone, or even a mobile phone.
- One phone number can be used by multiple users regardless of their location.
- You don’t need to hire a technician or buy new equipment in order to give access to new employees.
Business Voice Greeting Examples
- For your voicemail greeting to be effective, you need to follow some basic guidelines.
- The cliche “Your call is important to us” is overused and no longer feels sincere.
- You should make it sound friendly and personal when recording your voicemail message.
- Avoid sounding like you are reading from a script.
- Hiring a voice artist to record your voicemail greetings is the best decision you can make. Several voice artists can be found on Fiverr.
- You should include information such as your business name, business hours, and contact information in your voicemail.
Listed below are some sample voicemail greetings that you can use for your business.
Voicemail Greeting Examples for Off-Hours
Customers will hear this voicemail greeting after business hours or on weekends. You might want to include an explanation of office hours, alternative channels for customers to contact you, or the store location on this voicemail greeting.
Hello, this is [business name]. Monday through Friday, we are available by phone between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm (PST). Our website, [www.example.com], also has a contact form that you can use to send us a message. We will get back to you by email. If you would like us to call you back, please leave your name and number after along with a brief message, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.”
Voicemail Greeting Examples for Vacations
Holiday greetings can be recorded using these examples.
“Hello, you have reached [name of business]. Due to the holiday season, most of our team members are away from the office. We will be back at work on [date and time]. Let us know your name and number, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. “Happy Holidays (or whatever greeting suits your holiday).”
“Happy holidays! We will be out of the office until [date]. You can still open a support ticket on our website if you’re an existing customer, and we’ll get back to you within the next 24 hours. You can also contact us via our website [www.example.com] using the live chat feature or contact form. After the beep, please leave us your name and number if the request is not urgent. One of our representatives will call you back shortly.”