QuickBooks is a renowned accounting software used worldwide for accounting solutions. The reason behind its popularity is as it consists of all features and tools required to manage accounting and bookkeeping in a business. The major reason is it has an easy to use user interface which makes it more reliable and preferred software among small as well as medium scale businesses. And what makes it a better option all along is regular updates launched by the intuit for QuickBooks from time to time to meet the demand of today’s changing world.
However, its regular updates and latest features didn’t completely provide immunity to bugs and errors along with technical glitches. Also, come face to face with users unexpectedly while they are working on the software. Today in this article we are going to have a talk on such an error that is ‘QuickBooks Error 6073’. It is quite a common error confronted by users while accessing the company file. But you don’t have to worry here we will provide you ‘A quick user guide to fix QuickBooks error code 6073’.
So let’s get into the business, but before that, do you know that you can get your issue resolved even without reading this ‘user guide’. Just dial our QuickBooks Payroll Support Number +1-855-533-6333 By dialing this number you will be provided with instant and accurate solutions for your queries. We suggest this just to let you know if you were on a tight schedule then you can opt for this and let us handle your problem on behalf of you.
What is QuickBooks error 6073?
It is one of the most time-consuming error code occur while handling or accessing the company file with .qbe extension in multi-user mode. It pops up with the message ‘QuickBooks is unable to open the company file’. In such a situation, you need to check for its multi-user settings to avoid such complications. Later in this blog post, we will be going to mention the causes of this error code.
What are possible reasons of QuickBooks error 6073?
There can be a couple of factors that lead to error code 6073, and some of the most potential are mentioned below
- The file is saved in a read-only network folder.
- The file might be opened in multi-user mode in another system.
- The company file is accessed through the remote operating system and the host system finds that the system is still logged in.
- The user tries to sign-in through multiple credentials in the folder.
How to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 6073?
Any sort of error capable to cripple your business operations hence you need to resolve it as early as possible. Here are ways to troubleshoot error code 6073
Method 1: Utilize QB file doctor to fix the error
QB file doctor designed to resolve common and hectic issues of QuickBooks. Users just need to download and install the tool to scan the system and rectify issues. For it follow the steps below
- Go to the official site of intuit and save the file of the latest version of the QB file doctor in your system.
- Open the file that was downloaded earlier i.e. QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to install the tool.
- Thereafter open the tool by double-clicking on the icon.
- Then select the ‘company file issues’ tab in the tool.
- Now tap on the ‘run QBfile doctor’ option to initiate the scanning.
- Before that, you need to select the company file in which you are facing an issue.
- Once the scanning is done follow the instructions according to the results.
Method 2: Fix the error manually
The manual process to resolve the error varies on the situation it arises. Hence we have provided solutions according to the conditions.
Condition 1: Company file opens on another system in single-user mode
- First of all, close QuickBooks in all systems.
- Then open the company file in the host computer.
- From the ‘file’ menu switch to ‘multi-user mode’.
- At last reboot all systems just to be sure.
Condition 2: Company file opens in single-user mode in the host computer
- Go to the ‘File’ menu and select ‘close company’ options.
- Thereafter, reopen the file.
- Now ‘open or restore company’ from the file menu.
- Click on ‘next’ to proceed.
- Once done, then launch the file in multi-user mode.
Condition 3: Company file stored in read-only network folder
- Firstly, open the file in the host computer
- Then go to the folder which stored the file
- Now right-click on the folder and select the properties options
- Go to the ‘Security tab’ and choose the ‘user with login issues’
- Then click on the edit option
- Now select ‘allow’ then ‘apply’ and at last OK button.
Reach us for technical support
Above we mention all possible solutions to fix the ‘QuickBooks Error 6073’. After going through it, you find yourself in need of help from professionals. Then we recommend you to dial our QuickBooks support phone number +1-855-533-6333 We assure that once you call us your problem will be resolve in a short span of time as our team member are great at their work, carries years of experience under their belt.