The Xbox One Wireless Gamepad may have Xbox within side the name, however you are not restricted to pairing it with only a console. Windows 10 can surely and painlessly pair with the controller, permitting you to apply it wirelessly with any like minded PC game. Depending on how vintage the controller is you may want to apply a separate wi-fi dongle, however as of the Xbox One S, all latest controllers consist of Bluetooth assist to make PC connections that an awful lot easier. Here’s what you want to do a good way to begin the use of your Xbox gamepad together along with your PC.
How to Figure Out Which Xbox One Controller You Have
Xbox One Wireless Gamepads blanketed with the Xbox One S and made after its launch have Bluetooth, whilst the original Xbox One controllers don’t. You can use each wirelessly together along with your PC, however the method is different; you want to get a separate wi-fi dongle for the non-Bluetooth gamepads. This approach you want to discern out which controller you’ve got got. The proper information is that Bluetooth controllers had been in manufacturing for goodbye that in case you picked yours up within side the final 3 years it is a terrific risk it is already Bluetooth.
Method 1: Check the popularity of your controller
You must test the fundamental popularity of your controller and spot if there may be any trouble that reasons the trouble.
1) Check the connection popularity of your controller: Make positive your wi-fi controller is near sufficient to the console. Ensure that there may be no objects (which includes a wi-fi router or a microwave oven) or USB or wi-fi devices (which includes a headset or a flash drive) that can intervene within side the connection.
Method 2: Re-sync your controller
If you’re the use of a wi-fi controller, you may attempt re-syncing your Xbox One controller to the console to repair connection troubles.
1) Press the join button in your console.
On Xbox One S, the join button is a small round button at the the front of the console. On different variations of Xbox One, it’s far at the aspect across the nook from the disc tray.
2) Press and preserve the join button at the again of the controller until the Xbox button flashes. After some seconds you may see it transfer again to a stable light, this means that it’s far re-synced.
Method 3: Power cycle your console
Power biking your console approach completely rebooting the console. It can repair a few corruption troubles for your console in addition to your controller connection. To strength cycle the console:
1) Press and preserve the Xbox button at the console till it absolutely shuts down. (It can take about 10 seconds.)
2) Press the Xbox button to show in your console.
3) Check and spot in case your controller can connect with the console.
Method 4: Update your controller software program
The trouble may also arise if the controller software program is incorrect or out of date. You can replace your controller software program to peer if it could deliver again your controller connection. To do so:
1) Connect your controller to the console with a USB cable.
2) Sign into Xbox Live.
3) Press the Menu button in your controller, after which select Settings..
4) Select Devices & add-ons.
5) Select the controller you’re the use of.
6) Select Update.
7) Select Continue.
8) Wait for the console to finish the updating method. After that, check your controller and spot if the now no longer syncing trouble is fixed.
If your controller isn’t connecting, test for interference
If you’ve exhausted each different option—which includes checking for useless batteries—and you’re nevertheless having hassle connecting your Xbox One controllers, it’s time to troubleshoot different possibilities. One of the maximum not unusual place contenders for that is interference for your play area, whether or not from different electronics, walls, or some thing unexpected, like radio or microwave interference.
The first step is to test that you’re near sufficient for your Xbox One. This topics due to the fact your controller can best attain among 19 and 28 ft away. If you attempt to play from a far longer distance, you’re much more likely to have issues together along with your connection.
After that, make certain to observe any of any obstacles that is probably blockading your controller’s connection. Some of those boundaries may consist of walls, furniture, or maybe extra add-ons you’ve got got plugged into your Xbox One. You must attempt to cast off as many obstacles as feasible due to the fact having matters within side the manner can get worse your signal.
Make positive you cast off any metallic gadgets out of your controller and console. Items like those can harm your signal. The final tip to do not forget is to show your console on and off once more for a smooth slate. If you attempt all of this and you’re nevertheless having connectivity issues, you must test Microsoft’s assist internet site for extra recommendations or don’t forget buying a brand new controller.